Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Episode 06 Release!




















This episode was really polarizing imo. Creepy and sad at the same time!
Read the following spoiler after watching this episode and you are welcome to discuss it/share your own opinion afterwards!

SPOILER !!! (Mark the field below with your cursor to read the text)

Reiji lost his parents he already hated. Ok. So he gets kicked out and is supposed to move to his cousin who already got a kid and no man (+ is struggling financially) !?!? Alright. Then, out of the blue, they fall in love !?!? Ok. Later, Aki-san went something like this: "I'm glad i've found someone who really loves me!". Uhm, hello? He's a 15 or 16 years old kid... Boom, Bang, they have sex. Hooray ? No! This just felt wrong and totally out of place. Don't get me wrong, i don't mind sex in animes at all (Besides, it is like "School Days", a series which introduces us Makoto as an innocent virgin, evolving into a sex-machine with gold in his pants over night!). I was really thinking about dropping this episode, cause of all the crap involved.
Nevermind, the ending was very well done and terribly sad (Rin's mother and the letter).
I understand Reiji a bit better now, but still.... My theory is, he sees Aki in Rin and tries to raise her for his own good (Hence the scene in which Reiji pulls up Rin's pantsu! Ergo, no sexual interest involved at all! <--Uuuh, what a subtle broad hint....). She's like an Aki replacement and he's the devilish lunatic. It's only a vague theory so...
But what am i ranting about? Kodomo No Jikan is one of the most (if not THE most!) controversal anime shows of our recent time!

Kodomo_No_Jikan_06_(DVD_x264_AC3)[Loli-pop Subs][1FF8FF80].mkv: Megaupload

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

>> Boom, Bang, they have sex.

he is also her cousin :x

MACISTE said...

Yeah, you are right, 1st cousins --> blood-related lovers! Good point ! Add this to my "wrong" list.

Anonymous said...

torrent where

MACISTE said...

Hmm... Over there!

Anonymous said...

Mal: ya I know the cousin thing was kinda weird, and even that aside he was waay too young for her, however both seem to be a common occurrence in anime. Either way, looking past all of that, this episode was sooo saddening u_u. I felt so bad for Rin at teh end when Reiji walked in on her with teh room full of paper swans and teh note...

I wanter her to live as badly as they did (even knowing she wouldn't)

Well done ending and very heartfelt ,teh song almost killed me. That was so unexpected from this coming from this anime, I am curious to see how it ends now

Unknown said...

I noticed that when Aki-san and Reiji-san were talking about adoption, it was incorrectly spelled "adaption".

Just to add to the little corrections :)

This episode finally makes sense to me now. I watched SSS's censored version previously, and I didn't really understand what was going on. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

the cousin stuff is wrong yea. but who knows. in japan theres branch family stuff where they arent related by blood but called cousins (at least i hope)
but i think reiji already thinks her as a child tho. not really for his own good no.